817 Goldstream Ave,
M’akola Housing Society/BC Housing/VIHA
DESIGN / CONSTRUCTION
9 months/11 months (2006)
4-storey – 55,000 sq. ft.
Erik Barker, Architect
Jesken Aerie is an assisted living building for Elders/seniors and persons with disabilities. The project involves a 35-year operating agreement with BC Housing, and fully subsidized by BC Housing and VIHA. The project scope was the full continuum of housing development, commencing with a Need and Demand Study and Feasibility Analysis, through to all stages of development and operations. The project was completed in 2006. The project isa partnership between M’akola Housing Society, BC Housing, Vancouver Island Healthy Authority and the City of Langford.
- Activity / craft room
- Outdoor heated patio with BBQ
- Common computer / internet access
- Theater room
- In-suite scooter and resident storage
- Common laundry facilities
- Assisted bathing room
- 2 meals per day (lunch & dinner) served in our dining room
- Weekly Housekeeping
- 24 hour on-site emergency response
- Wireless (pendant) personal call system
- Social & recreation coordination
Trained Community Health Workers are available to provide assistance with personal care and medication management as arranged by the health authority.
This project provides culturally appropriate respectful and affordable shelter and hospitality services to residents.